Free Windows Optimization Tool

Optimize Your PC with Advanced SystemCare 5 Free
Proceed with caution.
That's what I always advise when people ask me about PC-optimization utilities like Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8 ($50) and CCleaner (free). While these tools can be helpful, they can also create problems--usually when users go overboard with the amount of "cleaning" they attempt.

I mention this only for purposes of introduction to Iobit's Advanced SystemCare 5 Free, the latest version of one of the more popular "computer healthcare" products. I recently tested it on a year-old Windows 7 system, and was very pleased with the results.
(One important note right up front: Advanced SystemCare will try to sneak in a few bits of junkware during installation, so be sure you opt out--don't just blindly click Next on each setup screen.)
The program can perform a wide range of functions, starting with the handy Quick Care, which scans for and removes malware, cleans up the Registry, fixes invalid shortcuts, erases your browsing history, and deletes junk files.
When I ran Quick Care on my system, it discovered a surprising amount of detritus--including some spyware that Microsoft Security Essentials (my primary sentry) had missed! Within a few minutes, all that stuff was gone.

More at: PCWorld

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final AskWoody format is shaking out @ AskWoody